ABOUT DTTE AND TRAINING SCHEMES OFFERED BY DEPARTMENT
Department of Training & Technical Education, Govt. of NCT of Delhi
Directorate of Training and Technical Education is entrusted with the responsibility of providing trained technical manpower for the technological up gradation of industrial production, services, productivity and innovation, contributing to the planned growth of the country’s economy. With a view to achieving the above objective, Department strives for systematic planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and policies relating to technical/vocational education.
Under DTTE there are 19 nos. Government ITIs and 34 private ITI’s offer various certificate and short term courses under various government schemes.
During current online admission the 12072 nos (11672 CTS Regular + 400 DST) of seats are being offered under CTS and/or DST schemes. Their details are as given below:-
CRAFTSMEN TRAINING SCHEME (CTS)
11672 nos seats under 14 sectors are being offered in 61 nos of trades are being offered under CTS regular mode.
The Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS) was introduced by the Government of India in year 1950 to ensure a steady flow of skilled workers in different trades through the vast network of ITIs spread over various States / Union Territories in the country.
The restructured CTS courses are of 1200 hrs/year learning hours and 150 Hrs/year of On Job Training/Group Project and optional 240 hrs/year of add on/short term/Language courses.
Every year 150 hours of mandatory OJT (On the Job Training) at nearby industry, wherever not available then group project is mandatory.
Trainees of one-year or two-year trade can also opt for optional courses of up to 240 hours in each year for 10th/ 12th class certificate along with ITI certification, or, add on short term courses.
Vocational Training is a concurrent subject of both Central and State Governments so the below mentioned bodies are formed at National and state level respectively:-
- National Council of Vocational Training: They look after the development of training schemes at National level, the evolution of policy, laying of training standard, norms, conducting of examinations, certification, etc. are the responsibilities of the central government.
The trades whose syllabus is designed by NCVT are called NCVT designated trades. All trades offered in current admission except commercial art and textile designing are NCVT designated trades. For NCVT Designated trades same syllabus is followed in all states and U.T.’s (nationally). NCVT Designated trade may be affiliated from NCVT (National Level body) or from SCVT (State Level body) as per affiliation status of trade at individual ITI level.
2. State Council of Vocational Training: They look after the development of training schemes at State level, the evolution of policy, lying of training standard, norms, conducting of examinations, certification, etc. The day to day administration including an admission in ITIs rests with the respective State Governments / UTs. The Trades whose syllabus is prepared/made by SCVT are called SCVT Designated trades. They are usually State specific. In current admission two SCVT designated trades are being offered. Their affiliation is from SCVT (State Level body). Their details are as given below:-
A. Commercial Art: This course/Trade is being offered at ITI, Pusa and ITI, Malviya Nagar.
B. Textile Designing: This course/Trade is being offered at Jija Bai ITI Siri Fort.
Dual System of Training (DST)
Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship has implemented the scheme named “Dual System of Training” (DST) w.e.f. August 2016.
In current admission 400 nos of seats , four trades as given below are being offered under DST mode i.e.
- Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Technician-DST: This course/Trade is being offered at ITI Pusa, ITI SCVR Dheerpur, ITI Malviya Nagar, ITI Jail Road, ITI Jahangir Puri, ITI Nand Nagri, ITI HJ Bhabha Mayur Vihar and ITI Narela.
- Tool and Die (Press tools Jigs and Fixtures) – DST: This course/Trade is being offered at ITI AKS.
- Food and Baverage Service Assistant – DST: This course/Trade is being offered at ITI Mangolpuri.
- Food Production GENERAL- DST: his course/Trade is being offered at ITI Mangolpuri.
The courses will be conducted to meet the workforce requirement of the industry so that after the completion of training in dual system, the trainee having NTC with dual mode will get better employment opportunities in industry.
The ITI and Industry will have the freedom to choose the training pattern either in Block mode (few months in ITI and few months in industry) or mixed mode( i.e. few days in a week shared between ITI and Industry.
OTHER TRAINING SCHEMES RUN BY DTTE AT ITI LEVEL BUT NOT COVERED UNDER CURRENT ADMISSION
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
It is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) implemented by National Skill Development Corporation. The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Short term courses are offered under this scheme by various ITI’s.
Admission in courses under this scheme are done at individual ITI level and currently the courses under this scheme are offered free of cost in Delhi Government ITI’s. Interested candidates can contact individual institutes for information and admission in courses under PMKY 4.0 SCHEME.
Interested candidates can use below mentioned link for registration under PMKY4.0.
Apprenticeship Training Scheme
The Deputy Apprenticeship Adviser’s office is working under direct control of Department of Training& Technical Education, Delhi and is responsible for monitoring of implementation of the Apprenticeship Training Scheme under the Apprenticeship Training Act, 1961, (amended time to time) in respect of trade apprentices of Delhi Government Undertakings / Departments and Private Establishments in Delhi.
The Deputy Apprenticeship Adviser’s office is located at BTC Pusa campus, Pusa, Delhi 110012.
Phone: 011-21520147, 011-25847560, E-mail- email@example.com
Interested candidates can visit the below mentioned portal for further information.